The iPhone 14 is one of the latest and most advanced smartphones from Apple. It boasts a range of features and specifications that make it a top choice for many users. However, one of the common issues that iPhone 14 users may face is when the device is not charging. This can be a frustrating problem, especially if you rely on your iPhone for your daily activities. In this article, we will provide a step-by-step guide on how to fix an iPhone 14 that is not charging.
Note: information in this article apply to iPhone 14, iPhone 14 Plus, iPhone 14 Pro and iPhone 14 Pro Max.
Why is iPhone 14 not charging?
Here are some potential reasons why your iPhone 14 is not charging:
- Faulty charging cable or adapter: If the charging cable or adapter is damaged or malfunctioning, it may prevent the phone from charging.
- Dirty charging port: If the charging port on the iPhone 14 is dirty or has debris in it, it may prevent the charging cable from making a solid connection.
- Software issue: Sometimes software issues can prevent the iPhone 14 from charging, such as a glitch in the operating system.
- Battery issue: If the battery is damaged, the iPhone 14 may not charge or hold a charge.
- Hardware issue: In some cases, there may be a hardware issue with the iPhone 14 such as a problem with the charging circuitry or a loose connection.
How to fix iPhone 14 not charging issue
Step 1: Check the power adaptor
The first thing you should do when your iPhone 14 is not charging is to check the power adapter. It is possible that the adapter may be faulty or not working properly. You can do this by following these steps:
- Unplug the power adapter from the power source.
- Disconnect the lightning cable from your iPhone 14.
- Check the power adapter for any damage or signs of wear and tear.
- Try plugging the power adapter into another power source and check if it is working.
- If the power adapter is not working, you can try using a different one or purchasing a new one from an authorized Apple reseller.
Step 2: Check the charging cable
If the power adapter is working properly, the next step is to check the charging cable. It is possible that the cable may be damaged or not compatible with your iPhone 14. Here are the steps to check the charging cable:
- Inspect the charging cable for any damage, fraying or broken wires.
- Use a different charging cable and see if your iPhone 14 charges.
- Make sure the charging cable is compatible with your iPhone 14.
- If the charging cable is damaged or not working, you can purchase a new one from an authorized Apple reseller.
Step 3: Clean the charging port
Sometimes, the charging port on your iPhone 14 may be blocked with debris or dust, preventing it from charging. Here are the steps to clean the charging port:
- Turn off your iPhone 14.
- Use a flashlight to inspect the charging port for any debris or dust.
- Use a soft-bristled brush or a toothbrush to gently clean the charging port.
- Be careful not to damage the charging port while cleaning it.
Step 4: Restart your iPhone 14
If your iPhone 14 is still not charging after trying the above steps, you can try restarting your device. Sometimes, a software glitch may be causing the issue. Here are the steps to restart your iPhone 14:
- Press and hold the Side button and either volume button until the slider appears.
- Drag the slider to turn off your iPhone 14.
- Press and hold the Side button until the Apple logo appears.
Step 5: Try wireless charging
If you have a wireless charger, try placing your iPhone 14 on it to see if it charges. If it does, then the problem could be with your charging cable, adapter or charging port. Wireless charging is also a convenient way to charge your device without having to worry about cables or ports.
Step 6: Reset your iPhone 14
If restarting your iPhone 14 does not solve the charging issue, you can try resetting your device. This will erase all your data and settings, so make sure to back up your iPhone before resetting it. Here are the steps to reset your iPhone 14:
- Go to Settings.
- Tap General.
- Scroll down and tap Transfer or Reset iPhone.
- Tap Erase All Content and Settings.
- Enter your passcode if prompted.
- Tap Erase iPhone.
Step 7: Check for physical damage
If your iPhone 14 has physical damage, such as a cracked screen or a bent frame, it may not charge correctly. Take your device to an authorized Apple repair center to have it checked for physical damage.
Step 8: Contact Apple Support
If none of the above steps solve iPhone 14 not charging issue, you may need to contact Apple Support for further assistance. They will be able to diagnose the problem and provide a solution.
In conclusion, an iPhone 14 that is not charging can be a frustrating problem to deal with. However, by following the above steps, you should be able to fix the issue and get your device charging again. Remember to always use original Apple accessories and chargers to avoid any compatibility issues.